Who we are
We are School of Noise; our website address is: https://schoolofnoise.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
This website uses several forms.
The information submitted is used to respond to your enquiry.
The Global Graphic Score Project submission forms
The information submitted is used to contribute to the project.
- Any names and location information submitted via the forms is for display purposes and will be visible to visitors of the website. This information is not required to participate in the project and pseudonyms are permitted.
- Email addresses are not shared or published and are used to contact you regarding your submission to the project.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We use a self-hosted analytics tool called Matomo (https://matomo.org) to gather data on visitors to the website and how they use it. This data is self-hosted and isn’t shared with anyone else.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have submitted information to this site (comments, graphic scores or performances), you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor submissions may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What we collect and store
While you visit our, we’ll track:
- Form Fields Data: Forms Fields data includes the available field types when creating a form. We’ll use this to, for example, collect informations like Name, Email and other available fields.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for reducing fraudulent activities and security.
When you fill up a form, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, email address. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your submission or enquiry
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, Administrators and Editors and any body else who has permission can access:
- Form submission information and other details related to it
- Enquirer information like your name and email address.
If you have any questions about your data or would like your information removed from the website or our mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org